Introducing the the Honey Fitness Challenge! The good people over at the Honey Board Association have created over 35 tasty recipes featuring the nutrient packed ingredient and have were so kind to share some of their latest creations.
All recipes were all created with the help of fitness and wellness expert Bárbara Trujillo Gómez and they range from easy to make breakfast options to snacks and dinner- 35 recipes in total! I'll be sharing some of my favorites throughout the weeks to come here on Flaming Tortillas.
So, to kick off the Honey Fitness Challenge, I give you this scrumptious vegetarian chili- buen provecho!
Makes 4 servings
· ¼ cup honey
· 1 package (15oz.) firm tofu
· 1 tbsp vegetable oil
· 1 cup chopped onion
· ¾ cup chopped green bell pepper
· 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
· 2 tbsp chili powder
· 1 tsp ground cumin
· 1 tsp salt
· ½ tsp dried oregano
· ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
· 1 can (28 oz.)diced tomatoes, undrained
· 1 can (15-1/2oz.) red kidney beans, undrained
· 1 can (8 oz.)tomato sauce
· 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1. Using a cheese grater, shred tofu and freeze in zippered bag or airtight container.
2. Thaw tofu. Place in strainer and press out excess liquid.
3. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Cook and stir onion, green pepper and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and begin to brown.
4. Stir in chili powder, cumin, salt, oregano and crushed red pepper.
5. Stir in tofu. Cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in honey, diced tomatoes,kidney beans, tomato sauce, and vinegar. Bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.