Celebrating Cinco de mayo this weekend? We've got a killer list of our favorite food and drinks to keep the celebration going all weekend! From appetizers, to main dishes, drinks (alcoholic- to non alcoholic) and dessert (don't forget the coffee) we have it all covered for you. All these recipes are super easy, low maintenance and are sure to make you the hostess with the mostess. Salud y buen provecho--and be safe!
1. Guacamole- must.have.period.
2. Pollo Pibil- a hearty taco dish- a real crowd pleaser.
3. Sopes! Perfect appetizer and you can fill them with ANYTHING. Great for all diet types.
4. Enchiladas Mineras- Aby's are DELICIOUS. They are beautiful and taste great- not too spicy and just the right amount of seasoning.
5. Tamarind Margaritas- sweet, spicy and loaded with tequila- salud!
6. Cucumber and mint agua fresca- fresh, clean and a great alternative to alcoholic drinks.
7. Spicy Mexican Chocolate Coffee Milkshakes- a refreshing end to hot, spicy food.
8. Tres Leches Cake- this just happens to be the BEST recipe ever. If you make it- can I come over?
9. Enjoy that Tres Leches cake with some Mexican Coffee (cafe de olla)- not to mention it helps the day after cinco de mayo!
10. For that late night munchie attack- these Gringas hit the spot!