"Every now and again we get emails from people asking us to post their recipes- which I love. I love recipe sharing and comparing how people make certain dishes, or how they add a nice twist to classics. This recipe comes from the V&V Supremo folks featuring their tasty cheeses. Of all the recipes, this one caught my attention the most (I'll be posting more in the next few days). Who doesn't love goeey, cheesy flautas for dinner? This recipe is easy, low key and flavorful and pleases vegetarians too (you can add some store bought shredded chicken if you want). Enjoy and stay tuned for more V&V Supremo recipes!"
Total Servings: 6
- 4 cups V&V SUPREMO® CHIHUAHUA® cheese, shredded
- 2 cups V&V SUPREMO® SIERRA® cheese, ground
- 1/2 cup V&V SUPREMO® QUESO FRESCO, crumbled
- 1 cup V&V SUPREMO® CREMA SUPREMO® sour cream
- 2 ½ pounds russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 1/2 tsp. pequin powdered chile or cayenne to taste
- 1 dozen corn tortillas
- ** oil for frying
- Placepotatoes in pot with water to cover over medium heat. Bring to boil, and cookuntil potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Drain potatoes well insieve and return to pot.
- Turn heatunder pot to low, and add 1 cup of V&V SUPREMO® CREMA SUPREMO® sour creamto potatoes. Mash potatoes and sour cream with potato masher. Add V&VSUPREMO® CHIHUAHUA® cheese, V&V SUPREMO® SIERRA® cheese and powdered chile.Mash well, until all cheese is fully melted.
- Place 2tablespoons of corn oil in skillet over medium heat. Allow oil to heat for 2 minutes. Using tongs, pass each tortilla through oilquickly, just to soften, and place tortillas on paper towels to drain.
- Fill eachtortilla with approximately 3 tablespoons of potato-cheese mixture, and roll uptightly. Pierce each flauta with a round wooden toothpick to keep closed.
- Pouroil in skillet to a depth of ¾ inch, and place over medium heat for 3minutes. Carefully place flautas in oilin single layer (don’t overcrowd) and fry until crispy, turning when necessary.Drain on paper towels and hold warm while frying remaining flautas.
- SERVING: Remove toothpicks fromflautas and top with V&V SUPREMO® crema ® sour cream, V&VSUPREMO® queso fresco and salsa.