"After trying Mexican hot chocolate it became almost impossible to drink any other kind. I use Nestle's Abuelita chocolate which has the perfect amount of sweetness and cocoa. This recipe is perfect for a cold night or rainy day. Salud!"
Total Servings: 4
- 11/2 Tablets Mexican chocolate (90 grams) (preferred brand Abuelita or Ibarra)
- 8 cups milk (I use nonfat but you can use any kind you like)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspooon vanilla extract
- Combine milk, cinnamon stick, vanilla, and chocolate in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until hot and chocolate is melted (make sure it doesn't boil!).
- Remove from heat. Beat with wire whisk until slightly frothy. Pour into mugs; serve immediately.