"Because sometimes you just have to go with what you have in the fridge. I call it the fridge challenge: 5 ingredients and I gotta make something with them. Well, I did just that, and bam! The end result was this healthy, light, and easy salad."
Total Servings: 4
- 2 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, sliced thinly
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 0 Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pan, on medium heat, heat the oil.
- Add the scallions and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the corn, oregano, cumin, and tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are just soft, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the cubed cheese and let the heat from the vegetables, slightly melt the cheese. Serve hot or cold.