"Rising temperatures arrived, hot and humid summer weather leaves us no chance to turn the oven on... So, its the perfect time for salads and cold snacks! You will love this one! perfectly ripen tomatoes and avocados, along with queso fresco, make a winning combo... and the dressing: a tangy and slightly sweet vinaigrette... yuuummm! Perfect for any occasion! Enjoy!"
Total Servings: 4
- 3 large tomatoes, cored and cut in 4 or 5 slices
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ripen avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced fresh fennel (optional)
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 2 tbsp of chopped cilantro or mint
- - sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of honey
- - pepper to taste
- In a big bowl, mix in the tomatoes, the diced avocados, red onion, fennel and mint.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the honey, lime juice and pepper until smooth. Add the olive oil in a thin stream, stirring as you add it so it emulsifies with the lime juice and honey. Check for salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the vegetables and let it sit for at least 10 minutes. Serve cold or at room temperature. Enjoy!