"These dates are the easiest, simple and most delicious thing in the world! Sweet and savory, and so full of flavor! Try them for a picnic day or as an appetizer. For this recipe, I used turkey bacon, but the original recipe calls for regular pork bacon."
Total Servings: 6
- 20 pitted dates
- 10 strips of bacon, cut in half
- 2 oz Manchego cheese to stuff the dates
- Preheat the oven at 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil and place inside the oven meanwhile.
- Make a cut along one side of each date and stuff it with Manchego cheese, then wrap it with half a strip of bacon and seal it with a toothpick. Repeat with all of the dates.
- Take out the baking sheet from the oven and carefully arrange all the dates evenly. Bake for aprox 15 minutes, until the bacon is done and crispy.
- Let them cook for about 5 minutes. Serve either hot or room temperature.