"Think of something fast! think of something tasty? got it? ok... these tostadas are going to be ready even before that! Even before you can say "Viva Mexico" and enjoy this delicious, simple but tasty appetizer, snack, or even light lunch. Its perfect for any occasion, and they look so beautiful, that all your guests are going to be drooling! Parsley is the center of the flavor, so if you are not a fan... feel free to use your favorite herb. Hope you like them!"
Total Servings: 6
- 6 cups of clean parsley leaves, without thick stems
- 1 cup of queso fresco, or feta cheese, or cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup of chiles de arbol, or zimojovel chiles, or 2 tbsp of dried chili flakes
- - sea salt to sprinkle
- 2 tbsp of chipotle chiles, minced, and a little of the adobo
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 corn tostadas or corn tortillas
- - oil to fry
- Put a comal or a big pan over medium high heat. Heat all the tortillas, turning them once in a while, so that they don't burn, until they are crispy and a little browned. Or, buy regular tostadas and skip this step! Reserve.
- Put some oil (about an inch height) in a saucepan and heat it until its hot enough to fry. You can throw a piece of parsley, and if it bubbles, its ready. Then, begin to put 1 cup of parsley at a time into the oil, frying it until it stops bubbling or it changes its color (it just takes about 15 sec). Take it out and put over paper towels. Continue to fry the rest of the parsley. Sprinkle a little bit of sea salt over it while its still hot. Reserve.
- Mix well the minced chipotle peppers and adobo with the mayonnaise. Reserve.
- To assemble the tostadas: put some chipotle-mayo on the tostada, then about a cup of fried parsley and finish with some sprinkled cheese and chiles de arbol.