"First, I have to give credit to my loving mom for this recipe. She tries to cook something for me whenever I come over for lunch. Since I got married, I eat lunch with my parents once a week . . . last week she made a delicious casserole of spinach and mushrooms. I added some avocado, salsa, and pita toasts and I savored every moment of it. Thanks Mom!"
Total Servings: 2
- 10 small button or cremini mushroom caps
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- Big bunch of spinach
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of Worchester sauce
- 1/2 cup grated fontina cheese
2. Add spinach and cook for 5 more minutes more, add cheese and let it melt.
3. Serve with avocado and some bread or pita chips